You know what? I think we're all a little strange in our own ways. Some people have things about them that they would never admit in public. But, my life is pretty much an open book. So, I thought I'd share some of those things that help define me.
I'm not ashamed to admit:
- I used to say that I'd grow up when I hit 30, but now I've decided I don't want to grow up until I turn at least 50.
- I name things to give them their own personality. My car is Jimmy Wayne, my suitcase is Bertha, and my orange tree is Tropicana Lite.
- I am a natural blonde, but do everything in my power to escape that "dumb blonde" stereotype. My only problem is that I have book smarts, but not so much common sense--which sometimes comes across as me being a bimbo.
- Being a Wal-Mart greeter is my part-time DREAM JOB!! I would love talking to all those people as they walked into the store! Other random jobs I would love to have for a day are Broadway star, Supreme Court Justice, commercial jingle writer, and flight attendant.
- I'll probably never outgrow these things: glitter, calling my mom "Mommy" or "Mama", sleeping with a teddy bear, screaming when I open Christmas presents, truly feeling like a princess when I sleep on my 6 year-old niece's princess sheets, or my fear of squirrels, balloons, and storms.
- When I'm driving, I talk to people in other vehicles, even though I know they'll never hear me. It's natural instinct for me to say "your turn" to another driver at a 4 way stop.
- I like to buy dresses based on their "twirl factor." If it's one I can twirl in, you better believe I'll buy it!
- I still have the same sense of wonder I had as a little kid--and I hope that never goes away!