stripes

Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm not ashamed to admit...

Sitting in the 100+ degree heat at the fireworks stand, I busted out singing "If I could turn back time..." Emily looked at me like I was crazy, and I told her, "I'm not afraid to admit that I like Cher.  Or that I'm a Fanilow.  Or that I like Simon & Garfunkel."

You know what?  I think we're all a little strange in our own ways.  Some people have things about them that they would never admit in public.  But, my life is pretty much an open book.  So, I thought I'd share some of those things that help define me.

I'm not ashamed to admit:
  • I used to say that I'd grow up when I hit 30, but now I've decided I don't want to grow up until I turn at least 50.
  • I name things to give them their own personality.  My car is Jimmy Wayne, my suitcase is Bertha, and my orange tree is Tropicana Lite. 
  • I am a natural blonde, but do everything in my power to escape that "dumb blonde" stereotype.  My only problem is that I have book smarts, but not so much common sense--which sometimes comes across as me being a bimbo.
  • Being a Wal-Mart greeter is my part-time DREAM JOB!!  I would love talking to all those people as they walked into the store!  Other random jobs I would love to have for a day are Broadway star, Supreme Court Justice, commercial jingle writer, and flight attendant.
  • I'll probably never outgrow these things: glitter, calling my mom "Mommy" or "Mama", sleeping with a teddy bear, screaming when I open Christmas presents, truly feeling like a princess when I sleep on my 6 year-old niece's princess sheets, or my fear of squirrels, balloons, and storms.
  • When I'm driving, I talk to people in other vehicles, even though I know they'll never hear me.  It's natural instinct for me to say "your turn" to another driver at a 4 way stop.
  • I like to buy dresses based on their "twirl factor."  If it's one I can twirl in, you better believe I'll buy it!
  • I still have the same sense of wonder I had as a little kid--and I hope that never goes away!
There are a few random things you might not know about me.  Stay tuned for Part 2 within the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment