stripes

Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm Not Ashamed to Admit, Part 2

Just a few more of my random idiosyncrasies...

I'm not ashamed to admit:
  • It took nearly 30 years (and 2 wise professors) to help me realize life is not all about me and my drama.  Thanks, Dr. D and Dr. M!
  • I'm addicted to carbs.  I tried the Atkin's diet twice, but failed miserably.  Life just isn't the same for me without my carbs!
  • I find the greatest comfort when I throw up the hood on my hoodie.  It's like my security blanket or something.  It lets me shut out the world for 30 seconds so I can get a grip.  I also like to sleep with my hood up.  In line right behind hoodies on the comfort list are chocolate and Christmas music (even in July).
  • I don't cook very well.  In fact, I consider having to boil water "cooking."
  • Swimming in lakes kinda freaks me out (but I'll do it).  I'm afraid some parasite is going to swim up my nose and burrow its way into my brain.
  • I've thanked God many times for unanswered prayers.
  • Change, while exciting, is scary for me.  I have a fear of the unknown.  Changing schools AND jobs next year is the biggest leap of faith I've ever taken...
  • I catch myself acting like my mom more and more each day--especially when I sing to my flowers!
  • One of my biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses is that I'm a highly reflective person.  I can't shut off that part of my brain, no matter how hard I try.
There you have it.  Unscripted and raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment