stripes

Sunday, September 25, 2011

gLiTtEr!!

I'm FINALLY updating my blog!

Every kid needs this shirt--find it at http://www.childrensplace.com/

"EVERYONE loves glitter!!"  -2nd grader
We just spent the past 2 weeks in the library making Dot Art after reading The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds.  Students used paint, markers, crayons, and GLITTER to make their art.  The kiddos and I all loved the glitter.  The custodian, however, wasn't thrilled with the stuff being EVERYWHERE.  Walk through the halls and classrooms of FRE and you'll see random specks of glitter that escaped the library on students' hands and shoes.  I think it helps jazz up the decor in the building--especially the ugly brown carpet in the library.


Not everyone shares my passion for things that sparkle.  I get it.  I see glitter for its beauty, but others hate glitter because it gets everywhere and is hard to clean up. You know what?  Dealing with glitter is a lot like dealing with people.  You can either find the beauty in them and build on their strengths, or hate them because they rub you the wrong way.  It depends on how you see the world.  So, the next time you want to brush someone aside the same way you try to clean up those pesky specks of glitter, change your attitude and find the positive aspects of that person.  You never know--that person may just change your life for the better!

Speaking of annoying people...I've decided the people who are quickest to judge others are the ones who have greatest self-esteem issues.  I don't get why people have to drag others down in order to make themselves feel better.  Bite your tongue the next time you want to pop off with a rude comment to someone else.  Is it really worth it?

Hope your week is filled with moments that shine!!  Here's my new favorite expression:

No comments:

Post a Comment