stripes

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Tonight I discovered the seriousness of my hoarding disease when it comes to school supplies--especially supplies that I give to students.  Every year Walgreens and Staples seem to have the best deals on CHEAP student supplies.  Apparently I've gone a little overboard the past couple years, because when I put all my purchases in one location, this is what I came up with:

Sign me up for an intervention!  Seriously!!  I am out of control!!  Disclaimer: I did not buy ALL of these supplies.  Mama and Grandma bought some of the pencil sharpeners, and one of my paras purchased the boxes of yellow pencils.

Somehow I've spent countless hours in my classroom, yet have managed to pack NO boxes.  Yep, a big fat zero.  Not a good sign...Here are my empty boxes in the hallway.

I hit the jackpot today when I found the coveted tie-dye instructions page.  Our Big Kid Land tradition is to dye "Spirit Shirts" with all the 4th and 5th graders every year before state testing.  My sister Emily was our resident Rubber Band Expert and came every year to explain to the kiddos how to make different designs with their rubber bands.  When she was unable to help us any more, she made us an instructions sheet (see below).  Did Val and I ever figure out what the heck we were doing?  Nope!!  But, thankfully we found another rubber band expert to help the kiddos.  It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!

What do you do after spending all day in your classroom?  Blog about it, of course!  Here's hoping tomorrow I can add pictures of boxes that have actually been PACKED!

No comments:

Post a Comment