- Be yourself. Don't change just because you leave.
- Make sure the library doesn't look boring. Ask if you can have sparkles on walls.
- Keep playing Justin Bieber music.
- Be a great librarian and let kids read in the library. Keep a smile on your face.
- Have lots of parties!
- You should teach them the life lessons you taught us. PS, You did a great job teaching us them.
- When you have to count the books it'll probably be easy since you are a Math goddess.
- Keep your library organized!!
- Not all librarians are "quiet."
- Have fun. Just do what you do.
- Don't get too close to the kids at your new school so they won't replace us.
- When you eat chocolate, be careful not to cover your hands with chocolate or you'll have to clean the books.
- Do your best and scan some books and sing.
- When they turn in a book, ask them how it was so that way they know you care about them.
- You should have fun lessons with the kids. And don't use big words with small kids.
- If you want to turn up the volume on a computer while playing a movie, remember to first check the CD volume. Check the video volume and the stereo volume.
- Make friends with the students and encourage them but don't be very strict.
- Talk to kids a lot.
- If you need help, just ask for help.
- Always have fun!
Monday, May 23, 2011
How to Run a Library-Part 1
On the last day of school, I told my 5th graders that I'm moving to a new school and a new job next year. I was crying so hard that I had trouble spitting out the words. I admitted that I was scared to death to leave my school family and everything that is comfortable to me. I also told them that I have a lot to learn about being a library media specialist, and decided to enlist their help. Here are some of the responses they came up with when asked how to run a library: