stripes

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Birthday Unlike Any Other

There was a time in my life where I dreaded birthdays.  Don't get me wrong--I love cards via "real" mail, cupcakes with sprinkles, and birthday wishes from 450+ friends on Facebook.  But, with all the joy that came with each passing birthday was the reminder that I was one year older and STILL single.

Now that my 33rd birthday is just a few hours away, I am actually excited.  Like REALLY excited.  "What's changed?" you ask.  Did I finally find my Prince Charming and start a meaningful relationship that will soon include wedded bliss?  Nope, not at all.  I've started a meaningful relationship with someone even more important: the Lord!

Now that I have God at the center of my life, I no longer cringe when someone mentions getting older.  I know He has glorious plans for me, and those plans include sending Prince Charming at just the right time.  While I used to worry with each passing year that my biological clock was ticking, I no longer pay attention to the statistics the come with "older" women having children.  If it's in God's plan, I will defy all those statistics and have kids because I know children are truly a gift from above.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!  Tomorrow I will shout that from the rooftops!  I look at it as one more day God put me on this earth to make a difference in the lives of others.  I will pray as I do each morning that He will send me people who need to see His glory or experience His love.  Each day holds the same suspense as opening presents because I have no idea what exciting plans God has in store for me.  Isn't that one of the greatest joys in life?

Tomorrow I will bust out the sprinkles, light the candles (scratch that--I don't want to start any fires), and get ready to celebrate another wonderful year in this world.  32 was by far the BEST year ever, and I know 33 will be even better!  Have a blessed week!
One of the many highlights of the last year includes being baptized on October 21, 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy for you. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melody! It was a GREAT day!!!

    ReplyDelete