stripes

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful!!


This month I've participated in the daily "thankful" posts on Facebook.  Trying to decide what I'm thankful for each day hasn't been difficult for me.  However, today I have the opposite problem--I'm thankful for so many reasons.  So, I thought I'd list them for the world to see. 
  • Today I'm thankful for Julie and Denine, the FABULOUS library clerks at school.  They always go above and beyond what is expected of them--especially this week during our book fair.  We wouldn't have been able to pull it off without their leadership, ideas, and hard work.  They even packed everything today while I was out of town.  I'm definitely blessed to get to spend every day with them!
  • Today I'm thankful for all the people who have impacted me as an educator.  Spending the day at the KTOY Leadership Conference today reminded me how far I've come since my first year of teaching.  I wouldn't be the teacher, leader, or person I am today without the advice, support, and encouragement of some amazing people!
  • Today I'm thankful for the people who have never given up on me--even on days when I wanted to give up on myself!  These are the people who get the 4 page emails from me at 2:30am when I have something on my mind and can't sleep.  Thanks, friends!!
  • Today I'm thankful that I created my "story" as an educator--and learned how to convey who I am and what I stand for in a CONCISE manner!
  • Today I'm thankful for the radio station 97.9 in Wichita.  They're playing non-stop Christmas music already!!
  • Today I'm thankful for all those random expressions in life.  The best one I heard this morning was, "God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason!"
  • Today I'm thankful for my siblings.  I always walk away from a phone conversation with them even happier than I was before.  They love me despite all my idiosyncrasies, and are always willing to offer their advice--even if it is unsolicited!
  • Today I'm thankful for the little things that made me smile--getting a ginormous stack of my own business cards at the conference (total surprise!!), meeting new educators, Tootsie Pops, learning more about my district KTOY partner in crime, great conversations with 2 wise educators, and being able to relax in my sweats and a hoodie.
  • Today I'm thankful for YouTube--especially highlights from the movie Elf!  My favorite scene is definitely the one where it's announced that Santa is coming!
These are just a few of the reasons I'm thankful, and I didn't even include things I mentioned the past 17 days in my daily Facebook posts.  Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if we stopped to think about all the joy we have in our lives each day instead of dwelling on the negative.  I hope people count their blessings every day of the year--not just in the month of November!  We should all live with the same mantra as Buddy the Elf: "I just like to smile.  Smiling is my favorite."

(Click here for a link to the website where I borrowed this picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment